Many friends ask me this question about choosing at for their home. It is quite simple for intuitive people but rather complex for others. So here’s a little checklist I have made to help you choose art for your home:
- Determine personal style and taste
- Consider room’s color scheme and style
- Decide on size and placement
- Choose subject matter that holds personal meaning
- Decide on medium (painting, print, photograph, etc.)
- Consider budget
- Browse online or visit local galleries for inspiration.